Monday, May 20, 2013

Porcupine Meatballs

My kids (and husband) LOVE this quick meal. It is quick and simple and fills the tummy, even on a budget! I used to eat this all the time as a little girl, but it wasn't until I got married that my mother-in-law taught me the art of the pressure cooker. This recipe can be made in the pressure cooker or the oven! I will give you both methods, but remember that the pressure cooker cooks your meal a LOT faster!
Porcupine Meatballs
Ingredients

1 pound ground beef 
½ cup rice, uncooked 
1 T onion, minced 
1 tsp salt 
¼ tsp pepper 
1 can tomato soup (sometimes I use 2 cans, depending how saucy I feel!) 
¾ cup water


Combine meat, rice, onion, salt, and pepper. Form into balls. Mix soup and water in a 4 qt. pressure cooker.  Drop meat balls in pan. Cover and heat until control jiggles (or in my pressure cooker's pressure gauge locks). Then continue to cook 8 minutes.  Cool normally for 5 minutes, and then cool under faucet. It works great doubled too! 
If you don’t have a pressure cooker spray a 9x13 pan and preheat oven to 350*.  Follow directions for the recipe above and instead drop into the pan. Cover with tin foil. Cook for about an hour or until the rice is cooked.





No comments:

Post a Comment