Monday, March 12, 2012

Skillet Pork Chops and Rice

This fast and easy meal was a winner for my family! Once again I found it in my trusty Cook's Country 2011 Recipe Book. It is in the 30 minute meals in August/September.

Skillet Pork Chops & Rice
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (I soften my butter in the microwave for 8 seconds)
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley ( I used dry and it was still great!)
1 cup long grain rice
2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
4 boneless pork chops, 3/4 to 1 inch thick, trimmed
salt & pepper
1 onion
1 garlic clove minced (I did a few...I LOVE garlic)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

Combine 2 tablespoons of butter and parsley in a small bowl.
Microwave 1 cup broth and rice in covered large bowl until liquid is absorbed, 6 to 8 minutes.
Pat pork chops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chop, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and tent loosely with foil.
Melt remaining butter in the now empty skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Stir in parcooked rice and remaining 1 1/4 cups of broth and bring to a boil. Return the pork chops and their juices to the pan and cook covered over medium-low heat until pork is cooked and rice is tender.
Serve each piece of pork with a slab of parsley butter.

2 comments:

  1. Ok seriously this looks so dang good. Great picture! I am putting it on the menu THIS week. Thanks for posting this you are the BEST BEST BEST :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic recipe. I did end up making it and it's a hit at our house! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete