Wednesday, September 23, 2015

It's the first day of FALL! So I made EASY STEW!

I LOVE the FALL! It is my FAVORITE season! Hoodies, snuggling under a blanket, the leaves turning color... AND SOUP! I use my Crock Pot almost every day in the FALL! So, why not start Fall off with some stew (who cares if it is going to be 84* today! LOL! This stew is one of our staples. The kids LOVE it and it reminds me of HOME! My used to make this stew when I was growing up and, of course, I had to steal it too! YUMMO! So here it is! ENJOY!


EASY STEW

1 1/2- 2 pounds Raw Potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
4 Carrots, sliced into circles
2 Celery (I am not a fan of celery...so I sometimes add celery puree)
1 Onion, chopped
1 Pound stew beef
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
4 cans Tomato Soup (I use Campbells. I am sure you could use a can of tomato juice too!)
1 T Tapioca (this thickens the broth)


Put all ingredients to the stew beef into the crock pot. Sprinkle the meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Then stir is all up. Add the 4 cans of tomato soup over the top and sprinkle the tapioca over the top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours! EASY PEASY! It makes 6-8 servings!

This recipe is GREAT! If you want, you could add other veggies. Green Bean, tomatoes from your garden! When I was little we would add a little barley too! AND If you want it more like a soup... use beef broth instead. I usually use a whole box of Swanson's Beef Broth (48oz).

ENJOY your stew!

No comments:

Post a Comment