Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crispy Ranch Chicken

















Well...this recipe was taken from a Penzey Spice magazine. I order some of my spices from them. They are pretty cheap and always have good recipes in their magazine. They have European spices that you just cannot find in the stores. And their shallot salt rocks on baked potato wedges!

Crispy Ranch Chicken
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup butter (melted)
3/4 cup lightly crushed cornflakes
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 packet of buttermilk ranch dressing (the small one)


Preheat oven to 350*. Combine cornflakes, Parmesan and ranch packet in a shallow bowl or plate. Dip the chicken into the butter and then into the cornflake mixture. Spray an aluminum foiled cookie sheet with cooking spray and place chicken strips onto the pan. Bake, uncovered for 30-45 minutes until crispy brown.


Next time I am going to try this recipe a little different. I think I am going to dunk the chicken in fat free buttermilk and I am going to use olive oil to sprinkle over the top...this recipe was dripping with butter (even though I cut the butter in half! it was originally a whole stick!!!) I will tell you how it goes in the future. Of course the husband and munckins devoured the chicken in seconds. It was VERY tasty...maybe just a little unhealthy!    

No comments:

Post a Comment