Wednesday, March 14, 2012

EASY Split Pea Soup (in the Crock Pot!)

This recipe is so easy! Our whole family loves it and the best part is the leftovers! The soup is fantastic the first day and phenomenal the second day. I got this recipe from Fix It and Forget It (if you don't have it, you need it!). It is a great cookbook for the busy Mom (or Dad).

Split Pea Soup
2 1/2 quarts of BOILING water (boil the water in a pot while you cut the veggies!)
1 pound split peas (rinsed and looked over)
3-4 carrots, chopped (I like mine in little squares)
1 onion, chopped
1 pound of ham (I buy mine already cut in little squares, or you can buy ham steaks and cut them up in little chunks, or you can use a ham hock, but I found that this is too fatty for my taste and more work)
salt & pepper

Mix all ingredients in a crock pot on high for 4 hours. And WALLAH, you have amazing soup packed with fiber and protein! So HEALTHY!

No comments:

Post a Comment