Friday, May 25, 2012

Waffles with Easy Strawberry Sauce

This was my Mother's Day breakfast...I didn't make these (although I have several times)...but they were DELICIOUS! Go Jason! This recipe is from the Food Network Magazine, but I couldn't find it on their website. So here it is:
Classic Waffles
Dry Ingredients:
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Wet Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
5 tablespoons melted shortening
4 tablespoons melted butter

Whisk all dry ingredients together. Mix in the wet ingredients one at a time. Cook in a waffle iron until crisp. Top with butter and syrup.

Easy Strawberry Sauce
1/4 cup strawberry (really any flavor works) jam
Place the jam in a microwavable mug and heat the jam for about 30 seconds. Serve. (I know...who knew it could be this easy!)  


No comments:

Post a Comment